Fogging has been a proven method of sanitising spaces for many years now. Once mainly used in the food and health industries, the method has become popular among businesses of any kind and size.
WHAT EXACTLY IS FOGGING?
Fogging as the name may conjure up, does not in fact create a fog. Wet fogging or chemical fogging creates a fine mist instead. The biocide (chemical substances used to kill unwanted organisms) particles that compose the mist are tiny and stay in the air long enough to kill bacteria and viruses. The particles also kill pathogens on surfaces which may be hard to reach like the ceilings and in nooks and crannies.
HOW IT WORKS
The components of the mist interact with the membrane of a virus, exposing its nucleocapsid (protein shell) and affecting its ability to infect other cells.
Corporate Maintenance Limited uses two different types of chemicals in our fogging machine. One is a United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) registered product which kills 99.999% of germs and viruses such as the Noravirus. The other includes Non Ionic Surfactant, which is the second most popular surfactant (compounds that act as detergent, emulsifier, foaming agents etc.) used in cleaning and disinfection products.
N.B. The frequency of fogging has to be customized for the specific location and will be determined by factors such as size, how ventilised the space is, among others.
HERE ARE SOME BENEFITS OF FOGGING:
- Its fast: proper fogging can be done overnight when employees are at home. A fogging session can take as little as an hour and so can be done during work hours as well. In the past, an area may be prohibited for days after fogging but this is no longer the case. In fact in well ventilated areas employees can return after just one hour.
- It’s safe: Today the chemicals used in fogging are safe for humans and surfaces they come into
contact with including computers and other office equipment
- It’s effective: with the right mix of chemicals, fogging can eliminate most if not all pathogens on
- It’s long lasting: the benefits of fogging can be for a good while after a session
- Low disruption: it doesn’t require a lot of moving around of equipment and furniture
For the best results, a deep clean is recommended before fogging. Doing so will make the procedure more effective as if a surface has dirt it will block the area from being properly sanitised. At minimum, touch point cleaning is recommended. “Touch point cleaning” is the cleaning of areas that are highly traversed or “touched” on a daily basis. Touch point areas in a workplace setting include:
- Light switches
- Door knobs
- Kitchen equipment
- Vending machines
Now more than ever it is important to take steps to safeguard the health of your employees, clients and/or customers. Like other sanitising techniques, fogging is a proactive method business owners should take to prevent the spread of viruses, bacteria, fungi and molds in their workplace.
Reach out to Corporate Maintenance Limited to find out more about fogging and/or to request our service. Our fogging machine is of the highest industry standard to ensure effectiveness and safety when carrying out a session. Call us at 876-927-9863, 876-978-8301 or Whatsapp 876-801-8942 or email email@example.com to get a quote today.